lunes, 16 de marzo de 2009

Scott Matthews - Passing stranger (2006)





Born in 1976 (33 years old) Scott is a singer-songwritter from Wolverhampton, England. I discover this man's music before the last year came to an end when I was listening to Jeff Buckley in an internet radio station when in the artist alike section was this guy ... I first thought it was gonna be a boring listen into his music , but the moment I heard it , well... it blew my mind! (lol) .

I spent like three months trying to get his album and I soon found he has a new one coming out soon! Then some days ago I got the complete album in my hands (well , in my computer) and it does resembles a bit to Jeff Buckley and Nick Drake but it's also something very fresh and i would definitely say it's one of the best records of the second half of this decade .

Here's the tracklist: (the 'S' means it's a standout track for me.)


"Little Man Tambla Jam" – 0:39
"Dream Song" – 4:42 ('S')
"The Fool's Fooling Himself" – 4:01 ('S')
"Eyes Wider Than Before" – 3:36
"Blue In The Face Again" – 1:10
"Sweet Scented Figure" – 4:31 ('S')
"Passing Stranger" – 4:32 ('S')
"Prayers" – 3:15
"Musical Interval" – 1:11
"Still Fooling" – 0:22
"City Headache" – 4:59 ('S')
"Nylon Instrumental" – 0:19
"Elusive" – 3:42 ('S')
"Earth To Calm" - 4:17 ('S')
"White Feathered Medicine" - 5:45
"Little Man Tabla Jam Part 2" - 0:34
"Bruno Finale" - 2:19

1 comentario: